Well, we have made it! 2020 is over.
Hopefully this year will look brighter than 2020, even though it has started off very rocky. If you are like me, you have spent time thinking about your intentions for the new year–whether personal or professional growth, health and fitness of family goals. Let’s face it, 2020 was stressful, and while many people look to each new year to freshen up their lives, this year more than ever people are looking inward to reexamine what is important to them. Here are some things that I thought could help you as you goal plan for the new year.
This has been so fun. My best friends and I have been doing this since the first of the month and it has felt great to purge items around my house, that I don’t use or need. Click below to get the chart. Each day you purge an item for each square until you have cleaned out 496 items in a 31 day month.GET THE MINIMALIST CHALLENGE CHART
Once you have cleaned out your home, you might adopt some of these habits for preventing clutter from piling up again:
1. Set a rule where you don’t purchase a new piece of clothing, toy, book, or gadget without getting rid of something you are no longer using.
2. Get into the habit of always putting everything back in its place. This will keep you from purchasing items you already have but can’t find or forgot about.
3. To prevent clothes from piling up, try choosing your outfits for the coming week every Sunday, and don’t let clean laundry sit unfolded.
4. Look through your refrigerator and pantry before shopping and shop with a list of needed items.
5. Live by the rule that if you haven’t used it or worn it in the past year, chances are you don’t need it.
Lately I have started using Noom. I am enjoying the accountability. Tracking your food, and water and everything else can seem taxing-but this app is different because you actually get a health coach too! Here is a link if you would like to check it out. CHECK OUT NOOM!
Another goal is trying to drink a gallon of water a day. There are so many health benefits that you can get just from upping your water intake. It can be a struggle, but there are tons of half gallon and gallon jugs on Amazon that can help you with this goal. Mine should be in today! I hope it helps. GET MY FAVORITE WATER BOTTLE
Last year I met Retha Nichole. I am so thankful for her! She has helped me with personal and professional goals and I am looking forward to watching more unfold in the upcoming year. One thing that she is a FIRM believer of is her SUNDAY PLANNING. It took me a little while to adapt–but now it is a habit. Check out her new Sunday Planning Guide and Community here: SUNDAY PLANNING GUIDE
I have actually started to enjoy this on Sundays. A goal I have is to try 1 or 2 new healthy recipes a week. Here are a few that I have tried recently that I LOVE! Do you have any that you would love to share. If so I would LOVE to hear from you. GARLIC BUTTER TURKEY WITH CAULIFLOWER COZY AUTUMN WILD RICE SOUP